When your child is away from school...
A reminder of what to do when your child is away from school…
- Let the school office know of your child’s absence:
- by either email HCC-Attendance@redeemer.ab.ca
- call 403 901 2050 and press 1 to leave an attendance message with child’s name and reason for absence
- Contact teachers directly regarding homework:
-Log in to your powerschool parent portal. Once you are logged in, under the tab for your child on the Grades and Attendance screen, you will see Email (your child’s name) teachers (it will be a blue link). Click on that link and all the emails for your child’s teachers will populate into your email program.
- Please note: Teachers do not have prep each day, therefore they will get back to you within two school days.
-Also please be aware that material sent home may not be exactly what is covered in class as sometimes much of a class is led by direct instruction (where the teacher is taking the lead). The material will still be aligned with curriculum objectives.
Please do not contact the office regarding homework or emailing teachers on your behalf. We will be using parent portal more and more, so this is good to get used to using it.
Mr. Lavern Evans